The official HWA Benefit Auction is now running on ebay from September 18th to October 11th.
Shocklines.com (http://www.shocklines.com) is conducting the auction on behalf of the Horror Writers Association (http://www.horror.org/index.htm) and ProLiteracy Worldwide (formerly "Literacy Volunteers of America, Inc." and "Laubach Literacy") -- http://www.literacyvolunteers.org. All proceeds will be split evenly between HWA and ProLiteracy Worldwide after payment of eBay listing fees, Paypal fees, auction listing fees, and shipping fees.
Those who have made donations thus far include (in alphabetical order):
- Stoker-winning poet Linda Addison, author of the acclaimed collections Consumed, Reduced to Beautiful Ashes and Animated Objects, among many other works.
- Stoker-winning author and poet Michael A. Arnzen, creator of the acclaimed Gorelets.com website, as well as dozens of books and publications in anthologies and magazines.
- Stoker-winning author Edo Van Belkom, whose books include Teeth, Six-Inch Spikes, and many other novels and publications.
- Biting Dog Press, publisher of the Neil Gaiman limited editions for Snow Glass Apples and Murder Mysteries, among other great items!
- Bloodletting Press, publisher of gorgeous new limited editions, including a new limited edition of Douglas Clegg's Breeder.
- Horror e-zine Blood Rose Magazine, whose website can be visited at http://www.bloodrosemag.com.
- Jay Bonansinga, the critically-acclaimed author behind such horror novels and thrillers as The Killer's Game, Head Case, Sick, The Black Mariah, Oblivion, and The Sleep Police.
- Award-winning author and poet Bruce Boston, author of Masque of Dreams and Stained Glass Rain, among countless other acclaimed works.
- Acclaimed thriller author Gary Braver whose new book Gray Matter has just been released. He also writes under the name Gary Goshgarian, author of such books as Rough Beast and The Stone Circle.
- Acclaimed artist Canilgia, the twisted talent behind countless prints and photographs and the illustrator of such recent and upcoming projects as Douglas Clegg's Breeder and Tim Lebbon's White and Other Tales of Ruin.
- Author Margaret L. Carter, author of such acclaimed novels as Crimson Dreams and Shadow of the Beast.
- Catalyst Press, publisher of such acclaimed books as Dragonfly, Dark Offspring, and Reckless Abandon.
- Hugh B. Cave, recipient of lifetime achievement awards from the International Horror Guild, the Horror Writers Association, and the World Fantasy Association.
- Cemetery Dance Publications, publisher of limited editions, Cemetery Dance Magazine, Grave Tales Magazine, and many other of the horror genre's finest offerings.
- Acclaimed artist Glenn Chadbourne, illustrator of such projects as the deluxe edition of The Stephen King Universe and Rick Hautala's Bedbugs.
- Chameleon Publishing, a small press devoted to bringing the horror audience some quality ghost fiction from some of today's newer talents.
- Vince Churchill, author of the debut novel The Dead Shall Inherit the Earth, which critics have said is "well paced, feeding your imagination with a spoonful of horror at a stretch."
- Award-winning author Douglas Clegg, author of The Hour Before Dark and The Infinite, among many other works.
- Award-winning editor Ellen Datlow, co-editor of The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror anthology series and the new anthology The Green Man: Tales from the Mythic Forest.
- Design Image Group, the terrific trade paperback publisher of some of horror's best fiction, including great anthologies and novels by the likes of P.D. Cacek, Edo van Belkom, Tina Jens, and many more!
- Writer and HWA Treasurer Nancy Etchemendy, author of the Stoker-winning young adult novel The Power of Un as well as the forthcoming collection Cat in Glass and Other Tales of the Unnatural.
- Author Brian Freeman, whose fiction can be found in the new Cemetery Dance anthology Shivers. Brian also owns and maintains the massively popular Stephen King News website, StephenKingNews.com.
- GAK, artist behind such works as 4x4, Dead Cat Bounce and many others, in addition to being the co-editor and artist of the anthology Dead Cat Bouncing.
- Bestselling thriller author Tess Gerritsen, author of such blockbusters as Life Support, Harvest, The Surgeon, and the critically-acclaimed new thriller, The Apprentice due in stores August 20th.
- Sephera Giron, author of the novel House of Pain from Leisure Books, as well as other critically-acclaimed novels and short stories.
- Author Keith Gouveia, who recently saw the publication of his debut novel, The Eternal Battle.
- The Official Laurell K. Hamilton Fan Club and bestselling writer Laurell K. Hamilton, author of the Anita Blake series Merry Gentry series, which include such New York Times bestsellers as A Caress of Twilight and A Kiss of Shadows.
- Gerard Houarner, author of the acclaimed collections Visions Through a Shattered Lens and the novel The Beast That Was Max, among many other works.
- Author Michael T. Huyck, whose most recent work appears in 4x4 and Decadence 1.
- Stoker-winning weekly horror journal Jobs in Hell edited by Kelly Laymon.
- Stoker-winning author Jack Ketchum, whose numerous critically-acclaimed novels include The Girl Next Door, Red, The Lost, Hide and Seek, and countless other works as well.
- Actor/writer/producer K.K. (aka Ken Kupstis), who has appeared in films like "Fools Rush In" and "Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas" and is the author of CLOWNWHITE and INHUMAN RESOURCES.
- Brian Knight, whose new collection Dragonfly Douglas Clegg says "is a chilling collection of terror." He's also the editor of Dark Offspring and Random Acts of Weirdness, and also appears in several anthologies.
- Michael Laimo, acclaimed author of the new novel Atmosphere (now in paperback from Leisure Books) and author of the collections The Dregs of Society and Demons, Freaks, and Other Abnormaliites.
- Tim Lebbon, Stoker-winning author of countless works, including the novels The Nature of Balance, Face, Until She Sleeps, and the collection As the Sun Goes Down.
- Leisure Books, publisher of such acclaimed horror authors as Douglas Clegg, Richard Laymon, Simon Clark, Jack Ketchum, and many, many more.
- John Maclay, acclaimed author of collections including Mind Warps, Other Engagements, and Night Tales. He also was the publishing force behind Maclay & Associates.
- Author Jon F. Merz, whose most recent work are the vampire novels "The Fixer" and "The Invoker".
- Artist and writer Catherine Mintz, whose many publications include the collection First Light and countless appearances in anthologies and magazines such as Whitley Strieber's Aliens, Weird Tales, Space and Time, and Interzone.
- Author Regina Mitchell, whose most recent publications include stories in Random Acts of Weirdness and Songs from Dead Singers
- Gene O'Neill, author of such critically acclaimed books as the novel The Burden of Indigo and the collection Ghosts, Spirits, Computers and World Machines.
- Author and reviewer Jane Osnovich, whose most recent writing can be found in the benefit anthology Scars.
- Perfection Dermagraphics providing fine art tattoos in the Chicago area by Jill Eden. For more information, call (847) 635-0335.
- Stoker-winning author Tom Piccirilli, author of The Night Class and the upcoming Mean Sheep collection, among many other works.
- Edmund Plante, acclaimed author of such horror novels as Seed of Evil, Garden of Evil, and Transformation.
- PS Publishing, the award-winning UK small-press publisher of some of the very best writers in speculative fiction, including Ramsey Campbell, Mark Morris, Tim Lebbon, Graham Joyce, and many others.
- Kathryn Ptacek, noted author and editor and creator of the long-running and acclaimed Gila Queen Market Listing report.
- Editor and author Gord Rollo whose publications include the novel Crimson and whose editing includes the anthologies Unnatural Selection and Dreaming of Angels.
- Author and editor Al Sarrantonio, whose career includes such terrific horror novels as "House Haunted" and "Worms" as well as the bestselling anthology "999".
- Harry Shannon, author of the critically-acclaimed debut novel Night of the Beast.
- Steve Savile, the editor of the critically acclaimed Black Gondolier & Other Stories, a collection of Fritz Leiber's classic horror stories, with John Pelan. His first novel Secret Life of Colors was released by DarkTales Publications.
- Shocklines.com -- your one-stop shop for horror.
- Michael Slade the bestselling author of countless chillers including Ghoul, Death's Door, Ripper, Primal Scream, Hangman, and many more!
- Harry Squires, whose debut novel What Rough Beast has received acclaim as "...a bang up occult mystery...first rate."
- Cynthia Soroka, author of the popular dark fantasy series The Dark Chronicles, which author Margaret Weiss calls "Action filled excitment from a gifted author!"
- Bestselling writer Peter Straub, co-author of Black House and The Talisman, and author of such classic novels as Ghost Story, Julia, Koko, and Mr. X. See our Peter Straub section.
- Thomas J. Strauch, president of Design Image Group, the terrific trade paperback publisher of some of horror's best fiction, including great anthologies and novels by the likes of P.D. Cacek, Edo van Belkom, Tina Jens, and many more!
- Karen E. Taylor, author of the hugely popular Vampire Legacy series including the upcoming new novel Resurrection, as well as short stories in many anthologies.
- Transylvania Press, who publishes high-quality vampiriana for collectors, libraries and fans.
- Author John Urbancik, whose critically acclaimed works include Sins of Blood and Stone and A Game of Colors among many others.
- James Viscosi, whose acclaimed novel A Flock of Crows is Called a Murder was published by Darktales Publications.
- Tim Waggoner, author of the critically acclaimed short fiction collection All Too Surreal and the upcoming novel Harmony Society.
- Author A.B. Wallace, author of the horror novel "The Mark of the Werewolf," of which Mystery.com says "A tautly written story with fast-moving dialogue that carries the reader headlong from one amazing and horrifying scene to another."
- Sheri White, whose most recent stories will appear in Be Very Afraid!, Decadence 2 and The Night Has Teeth.
- Stanley Wiater Stoker-award winning writer and editor of such books as "Dark Dreamers: Facing the Masters of Fear", "The Stephen King Universe" and "Richard Matheson's Twilight Zone Scripts."
- Robert Weinberg, a world authority on classic science fiction, fantasy, and horror, as well as being a rare art and book dealer and collector. The author of 16 books, he's also edited more than 120 anthologies. He's the two-time Vice President of the Horror Writers Association, and has won the World Fantasy Award twice.
- Drew Williams, author of the novel Night Terrors and coauthor of the collection Spectres and Darkness.
- Writer and HWA President David Niall Wilson, author of such acclaimed works as The Subtle Ties That Bind, This Is My Blood, and the upcoming novella Roll Them Bones, among countless other stories and novels.
- F. Paul Wilson, national bestseller of dozens of novels and short stories, including the acclaimed Repairman Jack novels The Haunted Air, Hosts, and All the Rage, not to mention the classic horror novels The Tomb and The Keep. Be sure to see his new site at http://www.repairmanjack.com.
- World Horror Convention (WHC) 2000, the World Horror Convention in Denver.
- Wormhole Books -- bookstore of science fiction, fantasy, mystery, horror, writing-related, nonfiction, as well as specialty publisher.
- and more to come....
|Shipping is FREE for any size order!|
Applicable to U.S. orders only.
International orders should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote.
Please note that because some of the items we sell may be inappropriate for children, you must be 18 years old to purchase from us.
Want to link to our site? We're here to help.
Logo design provided by Caniglia.