THIS CONTEST IS OVER. WE WILL ANNOUCE THE WINNER SHORTLY. IF YOU MISSED THIS CONTEST, SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER SO YOU CAN BE READY FOR UPCOMING SWEEPSTAKES.
Remember, we've got a ton of fantastic Stephen King items for sale in our Stephen King section!
As you may know, Cemetery Dance Publications is publishing the deluxe limited edition of Stephen King's new novel, From a Buick 8. However, even though it's being produced in three formats (an unsigned gift version of only 1750 copies, a signed and traycased "Limited" edition of only 750 copies, and a Deluxe "Lettered" edition of only 52 copies) all versions have sold out, and we do not expect to be getting copies in for sale.
However, all hope is not lost. Simply by joining our email subscription list and sending us an email, you can be entered into a drawing for a FREE copy of the traycased, signed, deluxe limited edition (of which only 750 signed copies will exist).
That's right -- nothing to purchase, nothing to do except sign up for our newsletter and drop us an email.
Here's the deal -- before September 25th, 2002 at 11:59 PM EST, you need to do TWO things. If you don't do either one, you will not be entered in the random drawing.
1) Sign up for our newsletter of great deals, exclusive coupon codes and product news, which is sent out 1-2 times a week. At the time of the random drawing, between October 5th and October 10th, you MUST be on our newsletter email list. If you're already signed up for our newsletter, proceed to step 2. Otherwise, click the button below to sign up for our newsletter:
2) Signing up for our newsletter is not enough. Between August 27th, 2002, 11:59 EST and September 25th, 2002, 11:59 EST, you MUST send an email to email@example.com with this information:
Subject line of email: Buick 8
Information in body of email:
Please be aware that NONE of this information will ever be sold or distributed to anyone, or used by Shocklines.com for any purpose other than contacting the winner.
- Phone Number
Only one entry per customer. That's why we're requiring the email -- to make sure people don't sign up over and over again until dummy emails, etc. You must be at least 18 years old to enter. We reserve the right to ask for legal identification from the winner confirming that they ARE indeed the person they claimed to be in the email.
That's it! Sorry, but this is void where prohibited by law. We'll do a random drawing sometime between October 5th and October 10th and announce the winner. Make sure to check out the official rules below for all the gory details (damn small print).
Publisher description of the book:
For twenty years the officers in Pennsylvania State Police Barracks have kept a secret in SHED B. A vintage Buick which lures the troopers to come and take a look. Now young Ned Wilcox, son of Officer Curt Wilcox, has started hanging around the Barracks. One day he can't resist peeking through the windows... and it's finally time to share the secret. So the veteran troopers sit Ned down on the smoking bench and tell him the story -- every skin-curdling detail...
Cemetery Dance Publications is pleased to announce a deluxe limited edition of Stephen King's next novel -- From a Buick 8. Illustrated by the legendary Bernie Wrightson (artist for The Stand and Cycle of the Werewolf), this Cemetery Dance special edition will feature unique binding and endpapers, oversized design, and amazing artwork (both full-color and black-and-white interiors by Wrightson).
No Purchase Necessary.
The From a Buick 8 Shocklines.com Sweepstakes("Sweepstakes") ends September 25, 2002, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Sponsored by Matt Schwartz doing business as Shocklines.com ("Sponsor").
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2. ELIGIBILITY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to this Sweepstakes are final.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS. Winners will be selected on or about October 10th, 2002, by random drawing of all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be held under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final in all matters. Selected entrants will be notified by phone or email. If the prize is undeliverable, it may result in a disqualification of the selected entrant as a potential Prize Winner. Upon any such disqualification, an alternate sweepstakes entrant shall be selected by random drawing conducted by Sponsor. Acceptance of any prize constitutes the prize winner's permission to use such person's name, and city and state of residence for promotional purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes without further compensation or permission except where prohibited by law.
Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
4. PRIZE. One (1) winners will receive one (1) copy of the deluxe limited edition of From a Buick 8 (one of 750 copies). Estimated value: $250.00.
5. ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning a prize are determined by the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
6. RESTRICTIONS. The prize package consists of only the item specifically described as part of the prize. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prize items once in the winner's possession. If prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsors, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. Sponsors shall not be liable to winner or any person claiming through winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond Sponsors' sole control (collectively, "Force Majeure Event").
7. CONDITIONS. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. Entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption of said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer viruses, worms or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, any Force Majeure Event or any other cause which, in the sole opinion of Sponsors, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select a winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsors up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operations of this Sweepstakes in any manner, (ii) violates the Official Rules, or (iii) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND/OR DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Any expenses and receipt and use of the prize and federal, state and local taxes and fees applicable in connection with the prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws of the United States. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
8. WINNERS LIST. The winner's name will be posted on the site after prize is delivered.
|Shipping is FREE for any size order!|
Applicable to U.S. orders only.
International orders should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote.
Please note that because some of the items we sell may be inappropriate for children, you must be 18 years old to purchase from us.
Want to link to our site? We're here to help.
Logo design provided by Caniglia.