PLEASE NOTE: THIS CONTEST IS NOW OVER.
THE WINNER IS SCOTT PIERCE FROM PENNSYLVANIA.
Hey, we offer a crapload of rare and fantastic items featuring work by the one and only Joe R. Lansdale. Just take a look at our Lansdale section if you don't believe us.
However, we've never seen this Lansdale item before, and we're not sure we ever will again. This is a hardcover, large-print edition of Joe R. Lansdale's western Texas Night Riders under the original pseudonym, Ray Slater. This is a legitimate large-print version of this book, published in England by Chivers Press (under the Atlantic Western imprint). It's published in conjunction with Dorchester Publishing, who did the American paperback version (which Subterranean Press later issued in a limited edition hardcover reissue).
This large-print version was issued in England in both hardcover and softcover, and we've never seen the hardcover outside of the 2 copies we own -- one of which we're giving away here! The book is casebound (the cover image is not a dustjacket, but imprinted right on the cover itself), and it is copyright 1991. This copy is in very fine condition -- a little wear and slight dings at the edges and corners, but interior is perfect and untouched (the book is unread). See scan for details.
So here's what you want to know -- how do you get your hands on this? Well, if you live in the United States, you can enter two ways:
1) If you place an order between June 3rd 6:00 A.M. EST and June 17th 11:00 PM EST on our site for ANY items -- advance order, in-stock, etc., then you automatically are entered in our random drawing for this item. If you make more than one purchase during that time you will only be entered once.
2) You can also enter by sending a 3" x 5" postcard to us. See the official rules below for details on that option. Again, no matter how many postcards you send, you'll only be entered once.
That's it! Sorry, but this is only open to U.S. residents (international fans might want to have a U.S. friend place an order or send in a postcard for them, but the official winner MUST be a U.S. resident.) We'll do a random drawing sometime between June 24th and June 30th and announce the winner. Make sure to check out the official rules below for all the gory details (damn small print).
No Purchase Necessary.
The Texas Night Riders Sweepstakes("Sweepstakes") begins June 3, 2002, at 6 a.m. EST and ends June 17, 2002, at 11 p.m. PT. Sponsored by Matt Schwartz doing business as Shocklines.com ("Sponsor").
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2. ELIGIBILITY. United States law governs this sweepstakes. From the time of entry through the final date of prize fulfillment, each Sweepstakes entrant and winner must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, U.S. MILITARY INSTALLATIONS IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to this Sweepstakes are final.
3. ENTER BY INTERNET. Beginning Monday, June 3rd, 2002, at 6 a.m. EST, you may enter this sweepstakes via the Internet by logging on to the Website at www.shocklines.com and placing an order. Sponsor must receive all Internet entries by Monday, June 17, 2002, at 11 p.m. EST. Orders that are incomplete or canceled by the company or customer are void. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON WILL BE ACCEPTED, regardless of how many orders are placed. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Service Provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. With respect to the winning entry, the winner may be required to provide proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
4. ENTRY BY MAIL: You may enter this sweepstakes via the United States Postal System by sending a 3"x5" postcard to:
302 A W. 12th Street #241
New York, NY 10014
The postcard must contain the following information on it:
The entrant's name, home address, phone number, email address (if any), and age. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON WILL BE ACCEPTED. The postcard MUST be postmarked between June 3rd at 6:00 a.m. EST and June 17th at 11:00 p.m. EST and MUST be received no later than June 24th, 2002.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. Winners will be selected on or about June 25th, 2002, by random drawing of all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be held under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final in all matters. Selected entrants will be notified by phone or email. If the prize is undeliverable, it may result in a disqualification of the selected entrant as a potential Prize Winner. Upon any such disqualification, an alternate sweepstakes entrant shall be selected by random drawing conducted by Sponsor. Acceptance of any prize constitutes the prize winner's permission to use such person's name, and city and state of residence for promotional purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes without further compensation or permission except where prohibited by law.
Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
6. PRIZE. One (1) winners will receive one (1) large print hardcover edition of Texas Night Riders by Ray Slater (SRP $19.95).
7. ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning a prize are determined by the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
8. RESTRICTIONS. The prize package consists of only the item specifically described as part of the prize. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prize items once in the winner's possession. If prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsors, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. Sponsors shall not be liable to winner or any person claiming through winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond Sponsors' sole control (collectively, "Force Majeure Event").
9. CONDITIONS. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. Entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption of said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer viruses, worms or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, any Force Majeure Event or any other cause which, in the sole opinion of Sponsors, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select a winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsors up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operations of this Sweepstakes in any manner, (ii) violates the Official Rules, or (iii) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND/OR DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Any expenses and receipt and use of the prize and federal, state and local taxes and fees applicable in connection with the prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws of the United States. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
10. WINNERS LIST. The winner's name will be posted on the site after prize is delivered.
|Shipping is FREE for any size order!|
Applicable to U.S. orders only.
International orders should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote.
Please note that because some of the items we sell may be inappropriate for children, you must be 18 years old to purchase from us.
Want to link to our site? We're here to help.
Logo design provided by Caniglia.